Description du poste
A vacancy for a Navigation Test Bed Architect (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join the « Navigation - ATM Engineering & Products» department in charge of the definition, development and IVV of critical Ground Systems or Functional chains for Navigation and Air Traffic Management.
Our department is now mainly working on two European Navigation ground systems: GALILEO, Europe own navigation-satellite system, and EGNOS, the European Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) improving GALILEO and GPS performances.
You will be the project technical authority and in charge of the Engineering Work Package on one of our Navigation Test Bed projects, leading a transversal technical team in a transnational environment. This Test Bed allows to verify and qualify critical navigation algorithms for prediction and integrity.
You'll develop your knowledge in the GNSS domain, and participate to Airbus Defence & Space development in this promising domain.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible/accountable for the requirements definition and design modelling
- Coordinate technical activities and actions follow-up with the program,
- Organize and coordinate Design reviews with the customers (Airbus & ESA),
- Plan and manage engineering schedule, budget & risks/opportunities,
- Manage team and subcontracts (internal and external) activities, including platform design (physical or cloud) and security design,
- Report to the Project Manager, and coordinate with the Development & IVQ teams,
- Ensure synergy with other Test Bed projects,
- Participate to Navigation Test Bed roadmap and upcoming studies and Requests for Proposal,
This role will involve some travel for business in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Master degree level (or equivalent) in Software or Space Engineering with a specialization ideally in GNSS,
- 5 years of experience in Engineering,
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Ground Systems architectures and simulators,
- Knowledge of GNSS domain, systems and standards, ideally Test Beds,
- Experience of ESA (European Space Agency) projects would be appreciated,
- Requirements management & tools (e.g. Doors),
- MBSE Modeling methodology & Tool (e.g. MEGA),
- Software Development Lifecycle (including Agile methodology),
- Good knowledge of Linux,
- C++ / Qt,
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills,
- Leadership and decision-making skills,
- Autonomy, reactivity and adaptability,
- Language Skills: negotiation level English.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.