Description du poste
A vacancy for an Onboard Computer Specialist (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Helicopters in Marignane. The successful applicant will join the department ?Computers and IMA Platforms?.
The helicopters integrate more and more advanced functions: situation awareness, mission management, flight control. The need for processing and graphical capabilities increases year after year. On the other hand, the available space in the helicopter is limited. It would not be possible to install many computers. We are forced to select very integrated computer technologies. Environmental conditions inside the helicopters (thermal, vibration, EMI) are stringent. Developing integrated technologies in such an environment is very challenging.
Airbus Helicopters select the best computer technologies and the best suppliers to reach the optimised compromise between performance and integration without endangering the safety.
Within the avionic division, as job holder you will manage the selection and the development of onboard computers and the associated technologies.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- write the requirement specification of computers based on the needs defined by the system architects and the function design responsible
- assess the technical proposals provided by the external suppliers
- manage the supplier during all the development
- lead the main design and qualification reviews
- manage the interface between the supplier and Airbus Helicopters specialists
- provide justifications required for certification
- provide technical support for helicopter integration, ground and flight tests and for the Final Assembly Line
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- University degree in Aerospace Engineering or similar
- broad practical experience within engineering
- experience with design of onboard computers and digital electronics
- electronic certification (DO254)
- excellent organizational skills
- autonomous way of working
- good Relationship/communication
- English: negotiation level
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.