Description du poste
OneWeb Satellites is seeking an experienced Satellite Systems Engineer (M/F) at our Toulouse, France location, who will develop and codify both new and existing physical, logical and transactional space vehicle interfaces to meet generic mission requirements for the next OneWeb satellite generation (GEN2).
OneWeb Satellites is pioneering new value propositions in space through the design and large-scale manufacturing of low-cost, ultra-high performing satellites at high-volumes. Our supply chain is tuned to produce up to 15 satellites per week, dramatically lowering the cost in large volumes for high performance space applications while shortening acquisition timelines for customers to less than a year. These space-crafts are modular and designed for multiple mission configurations. OneWeb Satellites' ability to iterate on satellite design and launch new satellites in quantity faster than ever before secures our competitive advantage in spacecraft production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of system level requirements and requirement flow-down to the various disciplines, subsystems, and components - in all phases of the systems development lifecycle with particular emphasis on Design to Cost/Design for Manufacturability approaches;
- Ability to drive multiple design activities (programs or mission) - could lead to spacecraft, payload, satellite bus, ground system (control and user segments) and/or launch integration activities;
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system engineering and integration activities;
BA or BS degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline; MS preferred;
10+ years relevant experience in space systems engineering - Satellite and/or Ground Systems (structures, avionics, propulsion, power, thermal, assembly/integration/test, sensors, flight software, Telemetry, Tracking & Control, user terminals, flight planning and mission management);
- Proven track-record of working with spaceborne systems, starting from conceptual designs and trade-offs through detailed design, development, manufacture, integration, and test;
- Manufacturing experience highly desirable;
- Familiarity with elements of space mission architectures extending beyond the satellite platform, including launch, flight operations, mission CONOPS, user interfaces, etc.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner effectively across multiple levels;
- Be team-minded and ready to work in a multi-functional and multi-cultural, fast-moving and complex/technical environment;
- Excellent communication skills, a flexible attitude, and strong initiative;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong briefing and writing skills
- The position will be based in Toulouse but with frequent travel to the US within the 6 first months
- After this period, the position will require travel approximately 25% of the time
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.