Description du poste
A vacancy for a Propeller noise specialist (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse. The successful applicant will join the Turbomachinery noise team within the Acoustics Domain.
Noise is definitely one of the environmental stakes in Airbus has ambitious and challenging objectives. If this challenge motivates you, no better place than Airbus Acoustic Department to fulfill it.
Tasks & accountabilities:
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Developing further propeller noise skills and associated prediction methods in close link with numerical methods team,
- Delivering the engine propeller noise predictions, as inputs to both external noise and in cabin noise calculations, making use of analytical and numerical methods,
- Performing trades/ multidisciplinary optimizations at aircraft level,
- Defining, monitoring and analyzing the necessary engine or aircraft wind-tunnel and flight tests,
- Potentially, proposing and assessing low-noise designs and technologies.
Your role will involve some travel for business so you may be asked to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Master's level (or equivalent, or more) in Engineering
- Aeroacoustics experience (PhD and/or few years of work experience) is compulsory; propeller noise is highly desirable
- Numerical simulation experience in aero-acoustics is highly desirable
- IT experience (numerical methods, Python, tools development) is desirable
- Aeroacoustics testing experience is desirable
- Data mining/AI experience would be a plus.
As future member of a highly-skilled, collaborative and dynamic team, you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following personal skills:
- A negotiation level in English is compulsory
- An advanced level in French would be a plus
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.