Description du poste
A vacancy for a job as Engineer for Simulation and Rig Software tool responsible has arisen within Airbus Helicopters at Marignane.
You will work in the "Software Technology for Means" Department of the test center.
The department provides transversal efficient and innovative avionics simulation & test means mainly to the Design Office. These means are used for the validation & verification throughout the life cycle of helicopter development:
- Early concept validation with fully virtualized helicopter and environment
- Avionics design validation with immersive simulation cockpits
- Software verification with desktop simulations and software test benches
- System verification on integration rigs with real-time simulation and real equipment (hardware-in-the-loop simulation, ?Helicopter 0?)
- In-service support with training simulations or rigs for troubleshooting, maintenance training, as well as pilot training
- Flight data analysis means
The test environment is a rich ecosystem of test procedure management tools, a real-time simulation framework with a large library of simulation models, automatic test sequencers, test result management, avionics interface management database, hardware interface boards for avionics signals integrated into a real-time test tool, a data analysis suite, rig configuration management, etc...
Description of the Job:
You will be the focal point for your users, and responsible for the overall test environment availability as measured by customer satisfaction and specific Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
You will be working in a team requiring cooperation, following standards and team spirit. You will be in charge of managing some projects in a very autonomous way. You will also be working with subcontractors, which ensure part of the maintenance in operative conditions.
Your main tasks will be the following:
- Collecting the needs and designing test environments for new projects
- Being responsible and accountable end-to-end for the setup and deployment of solutions from the existing catalogue of hardware and software components up to entry into service
- Monitoring the availability and performance of the test systems (hardware, software, infrastructure)
- Proactively solving detected deficiencies and leading root cause investigation
- Diagnosing arising issues with a structured approach and coordinating help from various specialists
- Providing training to users, and counselling services
- Providing test versions/scenarios to the users, including configuration management
- Occasional development of user programs or small tools to increase efficiency
- Collecting irritants, new feature requests and coordinating with the development teams to ensure consistency between customer needs and development roadmaps
- Supporting continuous improvement by logging and following-up optimization ideas and learning from mistakes (Practical Problem Solving approach)
- Education in software development and test, aeronautics, electrical or system engineering or equivalent qualification with 5+ years professional experience in a design or test organization
- Strong service mindedness is an absolute must. Previous experience in support activities would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills: English is mandatory, German and French are highly useful
- Strong analysis and synthesis skills, ability to quickly understand complex topics
- Technical knowledge on Windows and especially UNIX/Linux (scripting)
- Knowledge in simulation, software tools, aeronautics and avionics
- Knowledge in Software Programming or databases
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.