Description du poste
The Lead for Analytics Tribe is responsible for the leadership of software development teams who together are assigned to the development of a single product or a suite of products. This role is responsible for leading the development and enhancement of software applications and systems and will provide directions for development groups comprised of both in-house and external activities. The Tribe Lead is expected to work very closely with their counterpart in the Product Management team (Product Owner or Manager for Analytics)
Position discipline : Technology management
Sphere of influence : Tribe Level
The position has overall responsibility for delivery of development projects and will provide leadership in software development methodology to drive advancements to our products on schedule, on budget and with a high degree of quality. Management activities include, but are not limited to, allocation of resources and activities amongst development groups, assignment of code ownership amongst teams, monitoring and supervising development projects, and general technical leadership. Software solutions are expected to be well-designed, high-quality, highly available, robust, supportable and should include communication and documentation to provide high quality customer support and training for the solutions. Annual resource planning and technical roadmaps are essential outputs, as well as regular status reporting and leadership for the team.
This role will require the incumbent to possess or develop extensive industry experience, especially in sprint oversight and interpersonal communication. Responsibilities include training, coaching, decision-making, and monitoring day-to-day development progress. Gathering, measuring and generating monthly metrics/reports with KPI's and communicating with Project Management, Product Management and other internal and external stakeholders is also required. The company follow the SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) for Lean Enterprises, and the position will fulfil the position of Release Train Engineer as part of the duties. The position has full life-cycle ownership of products under their supervision, including inception, development, maintenance and ramp-down. As such, the position must ensure that products in production have appropriate L2 and L3 support from the members of the Analytics Tribe.
This role will contribute to the management of the SW Factory, and work closely with peers including other Tribe Leads, Chapter Leads, Solution and Enterprise Architects, Project Management Officers (PMO).
Finally, this role will require a strong understanding of Analytics, Big Data, and Machine Learning to be applied to the various projects owned by the Tribe.
- Manage the Release Train of the Analytics projects, as per the processes and ceremonies outlined in the SAFe methodology.
- Direction of the assigned Development group, including Software Team Leads, Technical Leads and Solutions Architects
- Establish/coordinate programs of work
- Oversee technical design, development and implementations of solutions
- Ensure consistent technical architecture across the assigned product suite, based on guidance from Architecture teams
- Guarantee functional and technical integration with the overall NAVBLUE products portfolio whenever deemed valuable.
- Support organization's mission and strategies by developing and driving technology change strategies, architectures and policies
- Ensure ?complete? development of the product - preparation for hand-off to down-stream activities: ready for QA, Build, Installs, etc. including complete documentation
- Assist in post-implementation continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality
- Responsible for managing outsource relationships and developing strategy for how to manage sub-contract resources to meet product roadmap or customer needs, etc.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of how architectural choices impact internal/external customers and other processes/functions within the organization
- Represent Analytics domain perspective at the management team
- Overall team headcount - ensuring that the teams are appropriately resourced to deliver required objectives in a cost-effective and budget-conscious manner, based on negoatiation with Chapter Leads
- Fostering a positive, productive supportive, collaborative and energetic team environment with a customer-centric focus on delivering solutions.
- Support the development of annual budgets for development to support the business' goals
- Liaise closely with all stakeholders to ensure alignment with broader organizational needs.
- Coaching, mentorship and development of Team/Technical leads, and the same within your group.
- May be involved in interviews; support hiring decisions.
- Successful completion of University degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum 7-10 years experience working with design and architecture of complex software systems in a dynamic IT working environment.
- Strong understanding of the full SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) management, and several years' experience working with it on a regular basis
- Proven experience in maintaining project schedules, documentation, communications and meeting deadlines
- Functional experience with Flight Operations, and Operations Control Centre solutions is an asset
- Experience developing under external industry standards or certifications
- Proven experience deploying software engineering methods for insuring the development of high-quality software in a timely way
- Experience in Project Management including Agile Software Development, and SAFe for Lean Enterprises.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities & Competencies:
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, highly technical aspects of architecture and integration to management, clients and staff at all levels
- Strong team orientation - someone who can enable others, instill a unified and collaborative atmosphere amongst a diverse team of software developers.
- Ability to manage through a period of growth or transition a definite asset
- Able to translate business requirements into technology solutions, and new technology solutions into business opportunities; capable of understanding complex technical issues and their impact on customers' operations.
- Able to translate strategic objectives into daily activities and guide and motivate others to deliver
- Supplier (including contract) and partners management
- Annual Operating Plan Management.
- Ability to manage software releases for multiple product lines
- Ability to delegate tasks and monitoring progress;
- Ability to develop high-quality and high-availability software to business specification while understanding process and requirements
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- English, negotiation level is a must. French would be an asset
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Big Data, Analytics, and Machine Learning would be a strong asset
- Demonstrated expertise in various technologies, including application development languages and packages, client/server and Web, security, Web servers, browsers, and various third-party utilities and tools for integrating applications with databases and legacy systems
- 5% International and Domestic
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.