Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
In case you have any further questions, please contact: Employment Operations.
Description of the job :
A vacancy offer as Aero Connectivity Service IT Network Operations Engineer (f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space - CIS Secure Communications in Toulouse (Labège). As the successful candidate you will join the Commercial Telecom Operations department (TCSGF).
Fully integrated to Airbus Defence & Space - CIS Business Line, Secure Com design, develops and operates satellite communication services. Aero Connectivity Service Baseband Engineer main role is to be the IT/Network Operations technical lead of the eBrokerage initiative consisting in delivering commercial telecommunication satellite capacity Managed Services to Aircrafts.
Together with the Aero Service Deployment Manager, the activity consists in setting up the future aero connectivity solution and services that will deliver High Throughput to A/C. You will be the Airbus IT/Network technical expert to implement and setup the operational technical solution and the bridging phase between the legacy and the target solutions. You will strongly contribute to Airbus connectivity business growth.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Integrate the legacy IT/Network solutions and specificities used by the different customers into Airbus operational environment
• Implement the target IT/Network technical solutions that have been defined by the System Architect team and will fit the Aero connectivity market maturity and expected performance
o Define and implement the overall Network detailed design that will enable to collect traffic from SNOs and deliver to customers through Airbus infrastructure
o Define and implement the QoS solutions detailed design that will enable to meet customers' expectations for the different traffic profiles that are delivered
o Implement the value added services that are required to serve customers' needs and performances
• Manage technical operational relationship with Telco, PoPs and WAN/LAN Network solutions suppliers
o Follow-up of technical roadmap and adaptation to upgrade internal products
o Follow-up and management of maturity issues
• Push solutions to the NOC so that it is monitored and controlled by the Operation Organization
• Provide level3 support for incident management to meet our SLAs objectives
• Plan, coordinate and perform preventive and corrective maintenance
• Manage sub-contractor and suppliers when applicable
• Manage Assets : hardware and software inventory, spare management,
• Define and implement policy for Configuration and backups management, modification and upgrade management
This role will involve some travel for business in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.