Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
In case you have any further questions, please contact: Employment Operations
Description of the job :
A vacancy for an Aero Connectivity Service IT/Network Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join Commercial Telecom Operations Department.
Fully integrated to Airbus Defense & Space - CIS Business Line, Secure Com design, develop and operate satellite communication services. Aero Connectivity Service Baseband Engineer main role is to be the IT/Network technical lead of the eBrokerage initiative consisting in delivering commercial telecommunication satellite capacity Managed Services to Aircrafts.
The job owner will report to the Aero Service System Design Manager.
Together with the Head of System Design, the activity consists in setting up the future aero connectivity solution and services that will deliver High Throughput to A/C. The job owner will be the Airbus IT/Network technical expert to build the technical solution and the bridging phase between the legacy and the target solutions. He will strongly contribute to Airbus connectivity business growth.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Assess the legacy IT/Network solutions and specificities used by the different customers
• Design the target and standard IT/Network technical solutions that will fit the Aero connectivity market maturity and expected performance :
- Define the overall Network topology that will enable to collect traffic from SNOs and deliver to customers through Airbus infrastructure
- Define the QoS solutions that will enable to meet customers expectations for the different traffic profiles that are delivered
- Define the value added services that are required to serve customers needs
• Manage technical relationship with Telco, PoPs and WAN/LAN Network solutions suppliers :
- Follow-up of technical roadmap and adaptation to upgrade internal products
- Follow-up and management of maturity issues
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.