Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
In case you have any further questions, please contact: Employment Operations
Description of the job :
A vacancy for an Aero Service System Design Manager (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join Commercial Telecom Operations Department.
Fully integrated to Airbus Defense & Space - CIS Business Line, Secure Com design, develop and operate satellite communication services. Aero Connectivity Service System Design Engineer main role is to lead the system design team for the eBrokerage initiative consisting in delivering commercial telecommunication satellite capacity Managed Services to Aircrafts.
The job owner will report to the Aero Service SC eBroker Manager.
Together with the Head of System Design, the activity consists in setting up the future aero connectivity solution and services that will deliver High Throughput to A/C. The job owner will be the Airbus IT/Network technical expert to build the technical solution and the bridging phase between the legacy and the target solutions. He will strongly contribute to Airbus connectivity business growth.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Task & accountabilities :
• Lead the assessment of existing and short-term planned solutions
• Lead the technical analysis of mid to long-term end to end solutions that will come in the next 3 to 7 years (with the SNOs)
• Define the first convergence target solution (convergence standard) that will be deployed in the 3 to 5 years to come
• Work jointly with TEIE and other parts of Airbus organizations to assess future Satcom technology breakthroughs (Software Defined Modem, dual band Ka Ku FPA) and feed the roadmap (functional and technical requirements)
• Build the step by step migration plan between the current legacy situation towards the convergence standard
• Build the technical roll-out and step by step implementation of the solutions
• Build the Integration & validation strategy
• Support the Airbus aero connectivity strategy
• Understand and maintain a worldwide vision of SNOs fleets, strategy and market trends incl. impact and integration of upcoming satellite constellations
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.