A Permanent Safety Engineer is required at the Engineer / Senior Engineer Level to join an innovative Aerospace and Defence company that specialises in advanced products primarily for the Aerospace industry. The Safety Engineer will report directly to the Design Services Manager and provide technical expertise and leadership to support the optimisation of systems and equipment reliability, maintainability and safety parameters.
The Safety Engineer will provide support in the optimisation of systems that meet their safety objectives, that are reliable and which require minimum expenditure to support throughout its operational life. The Safety Engineer will not have any direct reports although will provide Technical Leadership to the business and the company Project Teams
Responsibilities of the Principal/Senior Safety Engineer
- Conduct technical RM&S work to support airborne electronics equipment.
- Provide detailed knowledge of Reliability, Maintainability, Safety & Testability
- Prepare and review Reliability documentation, FMECAs, Testability Documentation
- Prepare and review Flight Safety Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Hazard Analysis Documentation
- Prepare and review System Safety Analysis, and Maintainability Analysis Documentation
- Liaise with internal and external customers and suppliers including internationally
- Specific emphasis to be placed in support for the development of programme teams
- Be able to review and understand external Technical Specifications as they apply to
- Be able to review and understand RM & S contractual requirements
- Be able to review and understand Technical Drawings and Design Reports
- Be able to review and understand system schematic diagrams
- Plan, organise and control activities to ensure on-time delivery
Technical Requirements of the Principal/Senior Safety Engineer
- IEng or CEng accredited
- University degree in Aerospace Technology / Systems / Aeronautical / Aero-Mechanical Engineering or other relevant technical discipline with a strong Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering content.
- Expertise with RM&S standards - ARP4754A MIL-HDBK, DEF-STAN and MIL-STAN, ARP4671
- Good planning, organisational, analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Good decision-making, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of mechanical, electrical and Systems engineering principles
- Good understanding of Aircraft Systems development
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.