Our Wimborne, Dorset based client are looking for an Airworthiness Engineer to provide engineering support to the Airworthiness Manager in delivering the Airworthiness functional governance across their Mission Systems department. As a key team member of the Airworthiness team, you will liaise with the Integrated Project Teams, Product Design and Production areas to ensure that CMS equipment design is fit for operational use in the air . The role is required to apply Airworthiness governance from the start of the design lifecycle stage through to maintaining continued Airworthiness in-service to ensure that appropriate considerations have been made and that specific customer/legislative requirements have been met. This site specialises in Air-to-Air Refuelling, Weapons Carriage and Release System applications
· Provide airworthiness assessments to support and guide design development, modification and equipment failure investigation. Assist in the development and delivery of the Engineering Airworthiness capability, including maintenance and update of company control procedures.
· Undertake shop floor audits to measure as built hardware standard against as certified design standard.
· Provide airworthiness support (assessment/author) and DDP certification to support airworthiness of CMS equipment designs.
· Generate Occurrence Reports to MAA/CAA/FAA/etc as appropriate
· Undertake audit of CMS Quality Management and airworthiness management systems.
· Design Certification experience within an Aerosapce organisation, Part 21 experience highly desirable.
· Reporting and working to aerospace standards including MAA/CAA/FAA and Part 145.
· Professional registration (eg. CEng/ IEng) or desire to progress to this level of qualification.
· Product design background within an Aerospace organisation.
· Previous OEM aircraft operations experience.
As a global leader delivering mission-critical technology, our client trusts their employees to draw on ingenuity and passion, leading to an empowering culture. Their Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring. If youre based near or are interested in relocating to beautiful Wimborne, Dorset and are an Airworthiness Engineer, please apply for more details.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.