Support the design, development and test of Mid-Course Guidance, Homing Guidance, Control and Navigation algorithms for missile applications.
The work involves designing algorithms for aerospace applications (navigation, C&C, autopilot, data fusion etc.)
NOTE: this is NOT a systems engineer role - the work will be based around algorithm development.
- Analysis of closed-loop model simulations.
- Analysis of sub-system and system trials/firing data.
- Generate/maintain justification documentation.
- Prepare and present material at Design Reviews.
Work with Systems, Simulation & Modelling and Software Engineers to support the validation and verification process, particularly in terms of algorithm integration and test in the 6-DoF Performance Model and generation of Embedded Software through auto coding via the Mathworks toolset.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong Mathematics
- Practical experience of modelling flight dynamics
- Practical experience of developing Guidance, Control & Navigation systems (preferable) e.g. Guidance Laws, Estimators/Observers, Kalman Filters, Autopilots, Optimal Control, Multivariable Control, H-infinity, Mu-analysis, Integrated Navigation
- Trajectory optimisation (preferable)
- Knowledge of sensors (preferable) e.g. Accelerometers, Gyros, Inertial Measurement Units, GPS, RF and IR Seekers.
- Knowledge of actuation systems in relation to autopilot design (preferable)
- Experience of delivering on a product development programme (preferable).
Knowledge/Experience with Flight Dynamics/Kinematics
Knowledge of stochastic processes
Experience with electro-optics / accelerometers
Robotics / UAV Autonomous Systems / Aircraft Navigation
Algorithm Development / Image processing / computer vision (past job titles)