An exciting opportunity has arisen for a midlands based APQP / Supplier Development Engineer.
For over 40 years Verify have been providing the aerospace, defence and high technology industries with Supplier Performance Management solutions, specifically to improve supplier quality and on-time delivery performance.
We are expanding our Engineering team and are looking to appoint an APQP / Supplier Development Engineer, to be based from home or our office in Milton Keynes, and will support activities at our UK and European customer\'s and customer supplier\'s facilities.
The APQP/PPAP Engineer is required to train, consult, & lead organisations through the APQP/PPAP process. The APQP/PPAP engineer is to understand, assess, and advice steps and potential strategies that organisations would need to put in place in order to implement APQP within their organisations for internal/external operational systems for new development programs, across their supply chain, and legacy systems.
The ideal candidate will ideally possess:
- Direct experience leading/facilitation APQP tools including PFDs, PFMEAs, Control Plans, MSA Studies, SPC (including Initial Capability Studies, and implementing ongoing Statistical Process Controls)
- Have a solid understanding of how the Contract Review Process relates to an effective PPAP
- A working knowledge of APQP Standards such as IATF16949, AS9145, AS13003, AS13004, AS13006
- Strong leader skills and be an effective trainer
- The ability to understand organisational systems required for effective (and ongoing) APQP implementation & operation
- Must be able to coach organisations on how to development, implement, & manage APQP
- Have experience developing, completing, approving, & managing program specific APQP Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) documents
- Engineering Degree educated or other related engineering related education
- A minimum of 5 years APQP / Supplier Development experience in either the aerospace or automotive industry
- Proven experience in the review and validation of internal or supplier submitted PPAPs
- Experienced in practical problem solving, in line with 8D and Six Sigma techniques.
- Proven ability to be a "change agent"
- Proven ability to lead execution of multi-site and/or cross-functional continuous improvement projects or initiatives
- Experience leading/mentoring teams
- Track Record of delivering on-time to commitments
- Knowledge or experience with regulatory requirements
Candidates must have a valid driver\'s licence and passport. Candidates must also be able to comply with the Government Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS).