Assistant Project Manager
Join a world-renowned aerospace and defence organisation as Assistant Project Manager in Portsmouth.
Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to play a key part in protecting the lives and futures of others?
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join their growing team in Portsmouth on a 3 month contract.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
- Management of sub contracts, work packages and/ or small projects, ensure delivery of budget, schedule, scope, risk management and quality of the sub contract
- Issue authorisations for work within the scope of own activity, ie. release of budget such that work can be undertaken and the contract or project delivered
- Involvement in the creation of Reporting Packs and delivery of Project reports up through the business chain.
- Ensure compliance with all Project Management tools and techniques, e.g. Life cycle management, risk register, change control, etc.
- Ensure SHE and Quality Governance and compliance including application of CDMC across all projects
- Assist with decision making for projects on resourcing strategy, sub contract and supply chain activity.
- In the absence of the PM, delegated authority to lead in setting and agreeing direction with senior management on behalf of the Project.
- Project Management qualification (preferred APMP, PMP) or able to demonstrate experience of managing projects
- A professional qualification in a construction related discipline either as "Member" or "Associate/Incorporated" membership level, with significant relevant post qualification experience.
- Current CITB CSCS card or be prepared to obtain
- Extensive understanding of Line of Business or project, its markets, customers, strategic priorities and culture
- Previous membership in a supervisory role.
- Experience of building relationships and negotiating outcomes with internal and external stakeholders.
- Extensive understanding of the wider Project Management environment, and of developments and practices in the field.
- Extensive understanding of the structure, organisation, processes and culture of Line of Business or project, so as to be able to implement Project Management approaches.
If this sounds like the role for you, we\'d love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Assistant Project Manager, please send your CV to Chloe Fawcett via the \'apply now\' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn