- Company : Eurocontrol
- Localisation : Brétigny (France) or Brussels (Belgium) - France
- Position : ATM Operational Specialist
- Type of Contract : Fixed-term contract
- Date of publication : 2017-11-14
Function Title: ATM Operational Specialist (1 post) - NOC-AT-2017-FGIV/091
Function ID: 10800
Location: Brussels; Bretigny
DIRECTORATE / SERVICE
Brétigny (France) or Brussels (Belgium) - Directorate Air Traffic Management - R&D and SESAR Contribution Management - Air Traffic Services (ATM/RDS/ATS)
Function Group IV - Grades 13/14/15
ROLE OF THE DIRECTORATE ATM & R&D AND SESAR CONTRIBUTION MANAGEMENT
The Directorate Air Traffic Management (ATM) is responsible for Air Traffic Management strategies, R&D and SESAR Contribution Management as well as military and civil-military ATM Coordination. Within ATM, R&D and SESAR Contribution Management is responsible for managing the Agency R&D activities aligned to the strategy of the Agency and contributing to the ATM EU research (e.g. contribution to H2020 collaborative research) as well as for contributing to the SESAR Joint Undertaking (SJU) ensuring that the Agency contribution to the SJU is delivered on schedule, within the agreed budget and resources and in full compliance with the agreement between the SJU and EUROCONTROL.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- contributing to ATM concept scenario development including capture of requirements, validation preparation, execution and reporting on operational concepts. Leading validation activities from operational perspective.
- developing Operational Concepts/requirements reference material (i.e. OSED) in collaboration with stakeholders, to be used for standardisation or guidelines and as support to deployment.
- providing operational advice on ATC topics and activities; organising or participating to workshops involving a wide range of ATM stakeholders.
- establishing and maintainaing internal and external networking and supporting the service in maintaining its operational credibility;
- contributing to improvements of current validation practices;
- performing any other task in line with the main purpose of the job. For this job in particular, frequent travelling will be required between Brétigny and Brussels, as well as to other locations in Europe.
- Completed relevant university studies of at least 3 years (e.g. Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, etc.) or professional training of an equivalent level.
- In addition, minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in ATC operations in Europe. Experience as Air Traffic Controller in major European ATC centre in EN ROUTE and/or TMA would be an asset.
- Experience of working in pan-European projects with diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Management.
- Understanding of ENR/TMA concept development, validation methods and techniques.
- Technical drafting skills in English.
- As an asset:
- Experience in air traffic control operational procedure/systems design (highly desirable).
- Experience in ATC R&D and experimental design.
- Knowledge of SESAR and NextGen operational concepts and related ICAO documents.
- Analytical thinking: Identifies critical relationships.
- Creativity and Innovation: Is open to new approaches.
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication.
- Networking: Maintains positive, productive working relationships.
- Flexibility: Adapts methods, attitudes and approach appropriately to fit the circumstances.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, candidates must have excellent command of English and a working knowledge of French.
- An initial selection will be made by a Selection Committee on the basis of the candidates' qualifications and experience. Thereafter, those candidates considered suitable may be invited to assessment and interviews.
- Candidates should apply on-line by answering the 2 questions of the on-line form, and attaching a curriculum vitae, preferably the Europass CV, and a covering letter in pdf format of 500 KB maximum.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. Agency staff subject to the Staff Regulations governing officials, the General Conditions of Employment governing servants at the Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, or the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff are considered internal candidates. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of three years pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed once for a fixed period of not more than three years. Before being confirmed in the post, he/she will be required to work probationary period of 9 months.
- The selected candidate will be engaged in principle at the basic grade of the advertised job bracket.
- This notice may be used to draw up a reserve list for similar posts. The period of validity of the reserve list shall be for one year from the closing date.
- The generic post is: Junior Specialist.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://www.eurocontrol.int/articles/what-we-offer
The closing date is 29/11/2017
- Start date : asap
- Term : 3 years
- Experience Required : 2 to 4 years
- Salary : NC
- References : AEROCONTACT-1490030026
- Activity area : Aerospace Manufacturing
Aviation and Aerospace Jobs similar to ATM Operational Specialist