B2 Licenced Aircraft Avionics Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 DOE
My Bedfordshire-based aerospace client requires a B2 Licenced Aircraft Avionics Engineer to join on a permanent basis to work on current and upcoming projects. Applicants must be a B2 Licenced Engineer type rated for BAE 146/Avro RJ series aircraft.
Primarily working within the hanger under EASA Part 145 / Part 21G POA, BCAR A8-23 approvals as a Category B2 Licensed Engineer, carrying out scheduled maintenance, defect rectification, manufacture, modification and certification of avionic systems on a defined range of aircraft types.
- Carry out Scheduled Maintenance and Defect Rectification of Avionic Systems on aircraft maintained by the Airborne Maintenance Group.
- Certification of Avionic Systems on Jetstream 31 type aircraft.
- Certification of Avionic systems on Group 3 type aircraft.
- Supervision and execution of avionic/wiring manufacture and inspection activities within the UAV group.
- Supervision and execution of wiring manufacture, inspection and testing within the G Seat group.
- Supervision of any avionics personnel working for AMG either as permanent staff or in a contractor role
- Responsible for control of avionic ground equipment calibrations and repairs.
- Manufacture and Inspection of wiring looms under company EASA Part 21G approvals, including raising of EASA Form 1 for release
- All Avionic activities in the absence of the Chief Aircraft Engineer
- Electrical maintenance of aircraft ground equipment.
- Issue of EASA Form 1 (Pt 145) for all electrical and avionics components and works
- Assisting with aircraft and equipment movements within the Hangar and apron area.
- Maintain project files and technical records to company standards.
- Ensure that all the work performed is in accordance with company procedures.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Line Manager
- To provide a professional approach to work, as a member of the CAe team
- Interfacing the Hangar and Workshop function with other CAeS groups and departments
- Aviation engineering background
- Basic electrical engineering training or apprenticeship
- Aeronautical engineering certificate or equivalent
- Hold EASA PART 66 AMEL with type ratings applicable to company PART 145 approvals
Knowledge and Experience:
- In depth Knowledge of British and European Airworthiness Requirements (CAA/EASA including part 145 maintenance Organisations, AS/EN 9100 and BCAR A8-23).
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance procedures and awareness of human factors in relation to aircraft maintenance
- Fundamental knowledge and practical experience of technical libraries and data control
More information is available upon application.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply.