As an aviation supply chain specialist, the client has always sought out and adopted a technology orientated approach to a data-intensive environment. Your approach to aircraft component maintenance costs and reliability control will be aligned to ours, you'll ensure integrated operations from our airline customers to our OEM and MRO partners.
We use data and quantitative methods to improve the decision making throughout the entire supply chain, comprising the on-wing performance of a component (with an emphasis on the reliability) and the off-wing management of the component repair cycle (with a focus on the repair, overhaul or modification of a component).
Nevertheless, while data is clearly central to our strategy, what is fundamental to the clients continued and future success is our people.
The primary functions of the Component Engineer:
· Demonstrate the ability to develop and utilise all the required repair technologies
· Display the ingenuity for genuine savings through a collaborative approach with OEM and repair partners
· Develops and utilises engineering principles and modelling techniques
· Demonstrate the ability for critical evaluation of cost engineering and risk analysis with regards to component repair management
Who we are?
The clients Group is a multi-faceted organisation and a world-leading specialist in the supply, exchange, repair and lease of commercial aircraft spare parts.
With a focus on quality that permeates every aspect of the business and the customer experience, the client is justifiably proud of the reputation it has built for providing the resources, in terms of expertise and inventory, which support more than 1000 airlines in 117 countries.
At the clients Group, you can expect a stunning work environment, with on-site gym and yoga, bike for work scheme and bike stations for cycling the Sussex Countryside! We also have a super on-site restaurant with hot cooked breakfast and lunch, healthy snacks and fresh coffee.
In addition, our benefits include:
· annual bonus scheme
· pension contribution
· medicash provision
· Eden Red discount vouchers and an active 'Voice of the People' agenda which includes events, charity activities, team building, employee surveys and more.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a component/engine/accessory CRO/MRO technical/engineering function or relevant OEM experience
· Competency in a component engineering function, involved in reliability, configuration control, work scope development and cost management
· Comprehensive working knowledge of EASA regulations (or equivalent NAA, e.g. FAA)
· Financial budgeting and cost centre management
· Proficient with root cause analysis tools