Morson are currently recruiting for a Configuration Engineer to work with one of their Aerospace clients in Yeovil, Somerset. This is a contract role until the end of December 2017 followed by a 6 month extension.
Responsible for the preparation, collation, assessment, recording and maintenance of accurate configuration data associated with the production/In Service platforms. You will provide support to the platform configuration managers. As a Configuration Engineer you will ensure the client\'s internal departments and its suppliers adhere to the company\'s policy and procedures for Configuration Management.
- Initiate & monitor Change Requests using the company change tool.
- Preparation of Change Requests and proposals for consideration at Change Evaluation Change Committee, Configuration Change Control and Implementation Boards.
- Chair or support Internal or customer review boards.
- Responsible for producing or reviewing the Configuration meeting agenda and minutes.
- Maintain Change control board action logs/trackers.
- Produce and maintain weekly/monthly KPI\'s.
- Prepare and co-ordinate timely submissions of Change Proposal Forms required for Customer approval in accordance with internal or customer contracted process.
- Provide CM technical support to the client\'s functional areas, to control the modification state of the product and its support equipment.
- Initiation and co-ordination the submission of Vendor Change Proposals, both to / from Suppliers and Customer.
- The updating and maintenance of Configuration Status Accounting Records and CM Metrics data.
- Monitoring of the aircraft production baselines, including the preparation of as built, Configured Items Lists & Baseline Establishment Lists.
- The preparation of programme deliverables, liaising with Engineering, Operations, Training and ILS departments etc.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all other the client\'s configuration management teams.
- Support company wide CM initiative for CM Processes, tools and procedures.
- The preparation of Configuration Management Plans
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in the interpretation of engineering drawings and manufacturing planning methods.
- Engineering qualification or equivalent related experience.
- General knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Knowledge of configuration management processes and principles (i.e. Def Stand 05-57, EAI 649 & ISO 9001)
- Knowledge of project management practices.
- Good IT and communication Skills.
- Capable of working on own initiative