Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Description of the job :
Airbus is undergoing a significant digital transformation to benefit from the latest advances in new technologies and targets a major efficiency breakthrough across the program and product lifecycle. It will be enabled by a set of innovative concepts such as model based system engineering, modular product lines, digital continuity and concurrent co-design of the product, its industrial setup and operability features.
Several positions for a DDMS (Digital Design Manufacturing & Services) Industrial System Engineer (h/f) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse. You will belong to the Production System Efficiency Centre of Competence covering the Plants, FALS and Industrial Strategy & Systems and report to the Head of Industrial System Design and Modelling department.
Within Industrial System Design department:
- We mature industrial solutions to address Aircraft programme challenges.
- We provide new processes, methods and tools (including design, modelling and simulation) to improve and predict our industrial performance.
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Developing Industrial System Design way of working to answer the business issues & priorities. Defining / updating the required competence model for the standards.
• Piloting Industrial System design way of working first implementations in the plant/FAL following the Industrial deployment strategy with a ?I do, we do, you do? logic.
• Evaluating current and future industrial solutions and give recommendations.
• Providing knowledge transfer to manufacturing communities.
• Supporting Digital Design and Manufacturing development and deployment.
• Supporting key project with Industrial System Design skills & competences in the frame on ad hoc Top Management Request (Head of Function, COO, CEO) to ensure project outcomes are delivering tangible benefits company and enabling sustainable and long term performance.
This role will involve frequent travel for business twice a month in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.