- Company : Cubiq Recruitment
- Localisation : Surrey - Grand Londres, Royaume-Uni
- Position : Design & Analysis Engineer - Aircraft Structures
- Type of Contract : Permanent contract
- Date of publication : 2019-01-21
Stress Engineer - Structures
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Stress / Structures Engineer to join a global aerospace blue chip as we continue to support the growth of their UK operations.
This global business is a major player within the international defence and aerospace sector and a company investing heavily into the future of aviation design.
This role will be supporting the design and certification of aircraft interior & primary structure modifications by generation, review and approval of certification documentation to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements.
You will be a subject matter expert for the aircraft interior, specialising in airframe primary and secondary structure. In addition, you will be tasked with resolving complex engineering problems including the modification of airframe primary structure to provision for additional interface points for interior commodities (hard point/seat track/top attachments) and modification of structure to facilitate the installation of exterior mounted antennae for navigation, satellite and communication systems.
- Reporting to the Certification Manager and working with the global engineering services team, across multiple time zones, in order to identify engineering and certification requirements and solutions for active and upcoming projects relating to aircraft cabin interiors, airframe and repair approvals.
- Develop engineering design and structural substantiation for modifications to aircraft structure such as:
- Modification of floor structure including changes to seat tracks, floor beams and intercostal and addition of hard point fittings
- Modification of ceiling structure to allow the installation of additional top-attachment provisions and equipment
- Fuselage penetrations to allow the installations of communication Antennae
- Repair to metallic and composite airframe structure including internal and external repairs
- Produce analytical reports with hand calculations and computational analysis to provide evidence that any changes to structure satisfy the airframe and airworthiness requirements
- Produce test plans and reports for conducting static, dynamic, non-destructive and proof testing of cabin interior parts, components, appliances and airframe structure
- Review and approve substantiation documentation produced by other members of staff or by suppliers to provide assurance of successful showing of compliance with relevant customer and regulatory requirements
Skills and experience:
- Current or recent employment within the aerospace industry working with an EASA Part 21, Subpart J Design Organisation
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of EASA regulatory and applicable airworthiness requirements including CS-25, JAR-25 and FAR 25 requirements
- Knowledge and experience of aircraft interior reconfiguration programmes and primary and secondary aircraft structures
- Able to perform static stress analysis through hand calculation from first principles and by using finite element analysis software
- Able to perform Fatigue and Damage Tolerance analyses
- A high level of attention to detail and professional integrity
- Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively
- Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands.
- Previous experience as a Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) is desirable
Minimum Bachelor\'s Degree within Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering and significant experience in a related commercial aircraft design fields.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now for more details by sending your CV via the link provided and we will be in touch for a confidential discussion.
Compliance Verification Engineer, CVE, Compliance, Design engineer, interiors, galley, structure, aircraft, EASA, Part 21, 21j, 21G, 21J/G, Part21,, CS-25, JAR-25, FAR 25, FAR-25
- Start date : ASAP
- Term :
- Experience Required : 5 to 10 years
- Salary : £40000 - £70000 per annum + benefits
- References : DD909418SS_1548086861
- Activity area : Aerospace Engineering
Aviation and Aerospace Jobs similar to Design & Analysis Engineer - Aircraft Structures