Our client, a leading manufacturer of high quality gears and gearboxes, is looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join their Engineering team.
The Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for generating innovative, cost effective and compliant design solutions.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Design Engineer:
- Designing new gearboxes, components and associated subsytems and test rigs
- Modification of existing designs
- lnterpretation and comprehension of customer and other specification requirements
- Contributing to the design review process and provide technical support to other business teams and functions as directed
Key Skills and Experience required for the Senior Design Engineer:
- Strong core design skills
- Competence in materials selection, gear rating, shaft and bearing analysis, other drive system elements including structural elements, couplings and lubrication systems
- 3D/2D CAD literate, Solid Edge preferred.
- Practical knowledge of drawing and tolerancing standards & BOM generation, SAP literate
- Relevant experience in a engineering design role
- Understanding of product costing methods
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly techniques
- Commercially aware
- Ability to effectively represent the company in front of suppliers and customers