The position is responsible for generating design concepts in line with customer requirements and in line with the engineering specification, including associated international standards, military standards and MBA requirements. It also requires the production of commercially viable design detail and assembly engineering drawings.
The effective workload planning, generation of technical calculations and corresponding reports, design reviews and presentations is also required to support the development of the design. As is the necessity to work effectively with internal and external customers to achieve the optimum design through in-depth consultation with all project stakeholders.
Mentoring and training of junior personnel may also be required, depending on skills and experience.
- Supporting the Section Lead, Programmes / Integrated Project Team in defining all necessary engineering work required to gain final acceptance on new and existing Martin-Baker products.
- Supporting the Section Lead in reading, understanding and translating customer performance based specifications, related documents, EU directives, associated standards and other legislative requirements into engineering specifications.
- Supporting the Section Lead/Senior Design Engineer in conducting trade studies into potential engineering solutions to determine the best, most commercially sound solution within the given parameters whilst optimising manufacturability using 3D CAD.
- Carrying out all necessary performance and structural calculations via hand calculations and other software tools such as spreadsheets and finite element analysis etc.
- Producing top level design layouts from which detailed parts may be developed.
- Calling and chairing design reviews as required.
- Producing and maintaining engineering drawings in accordance with engineering procedures.
- Consulting extensively with associates and others, with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretation and advice.
- Developing and maintaining cost and mass models for products.
- Producing and presenting design review presentations to internal and external customers.
- Produce a variety of detailed reports including e.g. CE marking technical files, load and stress reports.
- Checking engineering drawings for functionality and correctness and ensuring drawing complies with Engineering Drawing Best Practice.
- Generating a variety of engineering documents including reports, e.g. Mass Reports, Costed BOMs, DFMEAs etc.
- Supporting trial installations and take part in \'voice of the customer\' visits.
- Conducting clearance and interchangeability analysis as required
- Preparing retrofit and modifications designs.
- Producing, modifying, updating and up-issuing engineering drawings in accordance with Martin-Baker engineering change procedures.
- Identifying opportunities for continual improvement in MBA products and processes.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.