Development Engineering Manager responsible for supporting our organisational re-structure managing people based in Bournemouth - Salary negotiable on experience
You will support organizational re-structure and manage people in Software, Hardware, Mechanical, Systems, Integration Test and Qualification, take ownership and lead the provision of design, development, support and technical management.
You will have responsibility achieving growth plans, technical proposal submissions, new product introductions, and meeting customer needs. Support development and drive implementation of technology, product and service roadmaps to address emerging market and customer needs.
Establishing a high-performing Development Engineering team, anticipating teams capacity, skill needs, and addressing them proactively leading engineering excellence through processes, practices and continuous
Main Duties of Development Engineering Manager
· Safety, Quality and Design Compliance of all activities within the Development Engineering team.
· Support strategic and tactical objectives
· Institute a continuous improvement culture, practice and process
· Preparation of Development Engineering teams annual budgets, quarterly forecasts.
· Lead engineering excellence, improving project execution, quality, and first pass yield and service delivery.
· Responsible for developing current and future engineering competence and managing the allocated training budget
· Manage the engineering talent pipeline to ensure future talent and skills are in place
· Define the future skills matrix, training plan and recruitment for the Development Engineering team.
Skills and Qualifications
· Significant experience at technical management level of radar, electronic warfare, surveillance and communications systems
· Extensive experience of regulatory requirements and procedures related to airborne systems is desirable
· Extensive knowledge and experience of Engineering Design Reviews.
· Demonstrated performance in team building, fostering organisational culture and delivering continuous improvement
· Demonstrated ability to motivate people and influence change
· Sound understanding of budgetary, accounting and financial tools and processes.
· Competitive base salary
· Excellent benefits package
· Matched contribution pension
· 3x Salary Life Assurance
· Access to all employee bonus plan
If you would like an opportunity to work as a Development Engineering Manager within the new purpose built engineering state of the art facility based on the outskirts of the New Forest and within easy reach of Poole and Bournemouth please apply now.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.