As EC&I Engineer you will be responsible for a range of duties etc, such as:
- Provide professional focus for Equipment Engineering on T26 for C&I, and PMS.
- Assist in C&I / equipment selection.
- Decompose and Derive C&I / control system equipment requirements / standards applicable to a Warship.
- Develop C&I electrical / mechanical designs.
- Produce / Maintain mechanical designs.
- Advice and Asses C&I / technical suitability for applications.
- Review design of electrical circuits to meet compliance verification.
- CAD drawings, C&I equipment / panel designs (AutoCAD ideally).
You will ideally have knowledge / experience of the following:
- HNC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Instrumentation, Control Engineering or similar.
- 5 years experience minimum in an engineering design / C&I environment.
- Planning, communications, writing, organisational and co-ordination skills.
- Specification, design and procurement of instrumentation, control panels (including HMI / PLC).
- Knowledge of marine or industrial control applications.
- Understanding of structured design, quality, test and acceptance processes (and standards relative to the Military / Marine Installations).
- Knowledge of environmental certification, CE, Lloyds Rules and statutory regulations. (Knowledge of shock related requirements for Military / Marine installations desirable).
- CAD capable.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, Visio, DOORS, C&I databases / tools).
- Takes day-to-day decisions relating to the assigned responsibilities, including making recommendations to management for changes to product, C&I solutions, processes and tools in order to achieve project objectives.
- Manages their own work within allocated time budgets for the assigned tasks.
- Continuous discussion internally within the Project and Engineering teams.
- Regular communication to and from project, line and functional leadership.
- Contact with significant stakeholders in MOD, customer, user community and sub-contractors.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn