We are currently looking for an experienced, accomplished, self-motivated Electrical Engineer to maintain and support the tendering and implementation of our clients Electrical Preferred supplier tender process.
The Electrical Engineer will work closely with Facilities management and procurement departments to ensure appropriate supplier and contract terms are in place for the delivery of installation and new electrical works. The ideal candidate is an inventive problem solver that is capable of working through technical challenges and employing pragmatic solutions.
* Evaluates existing electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
* Understand and define electrical requirements to enable the tendering of electrical installation and new works for the client
* Understand and familiarise themselves with the clients H&S and security requirements to ensure incorporation into tender pack
* Produce an electrical technical tender specification, to be submitted as part of a commercial tender pack to prospective electrical preferred suppliers.
* Input into the form of contract, its content and terms
* Support the tender process and scoring from a technical and competency assessment capacity.
* Provide advice into the tender team, making recommendations as appropriate
* Develop a continuity, mobilisation and implementation plan to ensure that impact is minimised on pre-existing projects in delivery and commencement of new projects for delivery in 2018/19
* Undertake a knowledge transfer matrix, such that sufficient information has been complied to facilitate a successful handover to a new supplier pending the outcome of the tender exercise.
* Undertake a gap analysis, on drawings, certification and manuals such that sufficient information has been complied to facilitate a successful handover to a new supplier pending the outcome of the tender exercise
* Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
* Maintain product and the client\'s reputation by complying with statutory and regulatory requirements.
* Manage, from a client perspective, the mobilisation and implementation of the new electrical preferred supplier in the event of a new one being appointed.
* Ensure that client processes, including control of contractors, is embedded within the successful contractor.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Either 10+ years\' electrical engineering experience and or Bachelor\'s Degree in Electrical Engineering required
* Competent in the use of electrical engineering software for data analysis and data inputting
* Able to problem solve and troubleshoot as the need arises
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Previous experience of electrical contract tendering and technical specification writing is a key element of this role.