Our Wimborne, Dorset based client is a leading aerospace global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean. Due to expansion they are looking for Electrical Manufacturing Engineers to drive process improvement initiatives and root cause and corrective action, whilst ensuring capacity and capability of manufacturing processes and equipment is matched to the business requirements. This site specialises in Air-to-Air Refuelling and Weapons Carriage and Release System applications.
· Produce and maintain electro-mechanical assembly build documentation, procedures, and work instructions. Review electrical assembly drawings and prepare electronic and electrical Bills of Material (BoMs)
· Provides process advice and input where needed to internal and external customers such as Engineering, Production and Supply Chain
· Establishes supply chain capabilities, identifies areas of risk or potential improvement. Assists with new supplier assessments/qualification
· Through the PFMEA process, identify internal and external risks and implement risk reduction activities
· Review current internal processes and apply lean manufacturing techniques/continuous improvement as a means to eliminate waste
· Manufacturing experience including manufacturing processes/systems and techniques
Proficient in electro-mechanical assembly, hand, semi-automatic and fully automated PCB assembly (SMT & through board) and electrical test (AOI & ICT)
· Familiar with IPC 7711/7721, IPC A-610, IPC J-STD-001 & IPC WHMA-A-620 and a good understanding of the implications and prevention of Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) and Electro-static Over-stress (EOS)
· Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques
· Formal apprenticeship in Engineering or Manufacturing, preferably in an aerospace environment
As a global leader delivering mission-critical technology, our client trusts their employees to draw on ingenuity and passion, leading to an empowering culture. Their Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring. If youre based near or are interested in relocating to in Wimborne, Dorset and are interested in this Electrical Manufacturing Engineer role, please apply for more details.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.