The Test Operator will be responsible for carrying out test tasks within the operational business, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
- Certify the product in line with product certification procedure.
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
- Carry out setting-up procedures for testing, to include the awareness of the need for periodic recalibration of test equipment.
- Carry out tests on electronic equipment in accordance with test instructions, using specified test equipment.
- Carry out simple fault-finding procedures on electronic equipment.
- Keep test records and reporting faults for rectification.
- Ensure manufacturing test times are met.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
- Communicate best practice to other team members.
- The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus.
- They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable.
Role Requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship (4-years) is essential.
- Formal further education/academic certificate (i.e. HNC/HND, City & Guilds, BTEC, etc).
- Experience working within a similar electrical/electronic manufacturing assembly/testing/inspection environment is essential.
- Previous experience in the aerospace or defence industry would be desirable.
- IPC 610 & IPC 620 certified / trained preferred but not essential.
- No colour blindness.
- Please note that due to the nature of the work carried out, candidates must be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Please note that these roles have been deemed inside IR35, therefore we cannot accommodate LTD contracts. PAYE or UMB contractors available at the below rates:
- PAYE: £16.01 (plus £1.93 for holiday)
- UMB: £20.45
This contract would also attract overtime uplifts (above 37 hours) and shift uplifts if the candidate moved over to work shifts. Initially, especially whilst training is provided, this role would be working core days (Mon-Fri).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.