Health, Safety & Environmental Engineer
Carbon60 are looking to recruit an experienced Health, Safety & Environmental Engineer to join a large international aerospace company based in Gloucester. Within this role you will be required to provide technical and regulatory guidance to site personnel, additionally you will work as part of site HS&E team to assure our site remains compliant to UK regulations.
Working as the HS&E Engineer you will independently support site managers and supervisors to plan and implement Site Environmental and Health & Safety expectations. You will also be required to review and interpret policies, procedures and training programmes along with the coordination and management of the sites emergency planning. Providing technical support during internal and external compliance audits you will ensure actions are responded to and corrected in a timely manner. You will work with programme management and engineering team and you will provide environmental and safety guidance to support customer contract terms and conditions.
This may require the creation and implementation of additional programmes relating to HS&E. In addition to this you will be involved in the collection and calculation of environmental and H&S data for the production of various reports and metrics.
We require the individual in order to be successful within this role to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in order to lead and build solid working relationships. You will have a high degree of personal integrity as your compliance decisions directly impact employee safety as well as site and company compliance/liability.
· BSc/BEng in engineering, environmental, chemical, H&S or related degree.
· Experience working in manufacturing/engineering environments
· Experience with writing clear, concise procedures, processes and other documents that are part of a structured management system
· Experience with performing compliance audits and the ability to prioritize findings
· Demonstrates competency and efficient use of Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
· Ability to identify hazards, assess risk and document requirements to eliminate, reduce and minimize the hazards/risks.
· Capabilities/competencies in managing chemicals and wastes
· Experience with responding to, cleaning and reporting chemical spills
· Able to explain core requirements of ISO14001 and Health & Safety Management Systems and have experience with the implementation and management of these.
· Working knowledge of PUWER, LOLER, DSEAR, PSSR and other manufacturing / engineering focused EHS legislation.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.