The FAI Engineer\'s primary focus is the accurate validation of Supplier FAI submissions, as well as the accurate preparation, population and validation of internal FAI packs.
In addition to the above and following internal training, perform the accurate validation of Supplier PPAP submissions, as well as the accurate preparation, population and validation of internal PPAP packs.
- Complete a thorough and accurate review of Supplier submitted FAIs to assure compliance to customer defined requirements, including those of AS9102.
- Provide concise feedback to suppliers on any issues identified through the review process, following up with them verbally and by e-mail to facilitate updates to their FAI submission
- Prepare FAI packs using VisualFAIR for customer internal use, providing them to the customer to allow them to gather the required FAI contents and provide the measurement data.
- Update prepared FAI packs in VisualFAIR with data submitted back by the customer teams / departments.
- Complete a thorough and accurate review of customer internal FAIs to assure compliance to customer defined requirements, including those of AS9102.
- Undertake training and become proficient in the customers PPAP standard and requirements.
- Perform the same aforementioned FAI tasking, but for internal and supplier submitted PPAPs.
- Meet turnaround times, without compromising the quality of the process.
- Ensure customer and Verify systems are maintained on a real-time basis, continuing the same focus on accuracy, that is required throughout the FAI / PPAP activity itself
- A minimum of 3 years, in the last 5 years, aerospace experience in either a quality engineering or manufacturing engineering capacity
- Strong and robust working knowledge of AS9102 at the current revision, in addition to a sound understanding of the requirements of AS9100.
- The ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings, supported by a broad aerospace commodity background
- Recent experience with Ideagen / IPI VisualFAIR, including the ballooning of drawings
- Ability to articulate FAI issues both verbally and in writing
- Strong computer skills, specifically with the use of Microsoft Office applications and custom databases.