Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
In case you have any further questions, please contact: Employment Operations (recruiter for this position being firstname.lastname@example.org)
Description of the job :
A vacancy for a Field Support Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space SLC (Secure Land Communications) in Elancourt. You will join the Customer Test & Support department.
As Field Support Engineer you will be a member of the Operations organization in Secure Land Communications and you will be responsible for at least one of the following activities:
• Preparing and performing the integration of the network,
• Preparing and performing acceptances with customers,
• Managing the resolution of customer incidents,
• Supporting / Performing demo and trials to customers.
You will report to the Field Support Team Manager.
This position may require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Task & accountabilities :
You will be in charge of the following activities:
1. Participating to the technical preparation of the Roll Out operations:
• Establishing and monitoring the procedures related to tests for commissioning, integration and operation on start up and the introduction of operational procedures,
• Giving feedback information related to difficulties in implementing procedures and proposing solutions,
• Controlling and monitoring the functional compatibility of the different sub-assemblies,
• Monitoring the hardware and software technical state of the equipment to be installed,
• Managing the installation and archiving of the software installed on-site,
• Contributing to the evolution of Roll Out documentation referential in the process gate and integration.
2. Contributing to commissioning & integration operations:
• Drafting and respecting the protocol documents which apply to On-Site Assessment & Training (OSAT),
• Transferring network monitoring to customer support during commissioning or run in of the system,
• Providing technical assistance to installation technicians and sub-contractors,
• Carrying out integration tests for new equipment or FAT/System acceptance with customer,
• Developing corrective plans in the case of non-conformities.
3. Managing the technical progress of the system support according to the contract:
• Ensuring that tools and processes are implemented,
• Managing the customer claims database,
• Prioritizing claims,
• Following up claims: correction, validation and delivery,
• Validating the technical responses to the customer,
• Developing summaries, internal and external reports regularly.
4. Managing the solutions proposed:
• Raising cases to level 3 support if necessary,
• Drafting or customizing technical bulletins,
• Planning the corrections introduction,
• Participating in the training required for the customer or the local team.
5. Taking into account the customer's system from a technical point of view:
• Following up the Technical Support operations,
• Bringing technical assistance if necessary: deploying new products, releases, extensions,
• Managing monthly reviews for prioritization and customer's main issues.
6. Participating to the department hotline,
7. Participating to progress meetings with the customer,
8. Drafting lists of site preparation tasks, to be carried out both by customers and by internal staff,
9. Initializing, coordinating and supervising the migration and upgrade activities of the Roll Out support department:
• Coordinating and supervising the drafting of migration and upgrade documents and procedures,
• Guarantying the validation of platform steps before roll out on field.
10. Ensuring the skills transfer to subsidiaries and partners,
11. Ensuring that software versions are certified before being loaded on-site.
This role will involve some travel worldwide for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.