An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a Prestigious Aerospace Company based in Hampshire (nr Southampton). The requirement is a contract position, and will be for a period of 6 months - and we are looking for a strong Finance Analyst/Management Accountant to join the existing finance team.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for a stand alone project looking at the costings side of the business, and also to provide cover for the Supply Chain Business Partner.
In this role you will be responsible for reviewing and analysing past financial information and using the analysis to develop standard processes for calculating accurate product margins. You will be required to undertake various financial analyses and provide financial support on commercial bids. You will embed tools digitally, be involved in long term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
· Review and reconcile past management accounting information with the General Ledger.
· Review the standard costing system for accuracy and variance allocation.
· Work with a cross functional team on developing and verifying product margins.
· Identify and present on opportunities to improve product margins.
· Prepare and support the commercial bid process with financial modelling.
· Proactively look for opportunities where special analysis may help improve financial decisions.
· Optimize and digitize reporting processes.
· Assist with the preparation of comprehensive business / financial forecasts, reports, and associated analysis.
· Be responsible for designing and rolling out standardized reporting for use across product lines.
· Organize knowledge sharing to convey information about new approaches and best practices.
· Various ad-hoc data requests.
Qualifications / Requirements
· Professional accounting qualification advantageous but not essential
· Bachelor\'s degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge and experience
· Systems experience, including strong excel skills.
· Experience with Standard Costing Systems.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong commercial/business acumen
· Process driven with key attention to detail and task / achievement focused
· Strong analytical, project management, and organizational skills
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
· Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects to closure.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.