Overall Department Direction
The main purpose of the Through Life Engineering Management Solutions team is to help develop and maintain engineering solutions and systems in accordance with the TLEM solutions roadmap - in order to fully support business requirements and deliver solutions in line with the IT strategy.
The solutions are a variety of CAD, CAM, PDM/PLM applications.
This is a full time role.
Main Purpose of Role
The main purpose of a Senior Functional Analyst TLEMS is to develop, maintain and demonstrate TLEM solutions and systems in accordance with the TLEM solutions roadmap in order to fully support business requirements and deliver solutions in line with the IT strategy.
He/she will provide TLEMS skills and consultancy as part of a team of \'Functional Analysts\' (in Through Life engineering Management Solutions)\'. All Senior Functional Analysts will be specialists in the Engineering Software that is located throughout the Babcock organisation, under the TLEM umbrella.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
* Close liaison with the Principal Functional Analyst (PFA).
* Ensure incident and work orders are delivered in accordance to SLAs.
* Involved in CAB & Project work assigned to TLEMS.
* Have a holistic understanding of the solutions with the ability to coach/mentor/supervise other team members when required.
* Maintain existing TLEM solutions, infrastructure, configurations and operations in order to meet business SLAs.
* Deliver TLEM training courses in various CAD applications as well as new solution \'workshops\'.
* Adhere to requirements and specification captures of CAB and Project work, following the necessary development, testing, implementation, sign-off and delivery procedures in a cost effective and efficient manner.
* Ensure that all new solutions align with the TLEMS roadmap authored by the TLEMS manager.
* Develop and coordinate environment, application and user testing regimes.
* Identify new ideas, solutions and areas for improvement within TLEMS (and the organisation).
* Apply the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards in an intelligent and effective way.
* Adhere to internal processes and procedures consistent with the rest of Business Solutions.
* Good knowledge of Solution Architecture in the TLEMS systems.
* Engineering Degree or HNC (or equivalent) preferred.
* Expert in Computer Aided Design and or manufacture preferred.
* Broad knowledge in IT/Technical Applications.
* Proven interpersonal skills.
* Excellent customer engagement and analysis skills.
* Knowledge of TLEM solutions.
* Broad knowledge of business practices and procedures.
Candidates must hold full UK SC clearance prior to commencing in the role. Ideally candidates will already hold clearance due to the desired start date for the position.