Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
In case you have any further questions, please contact: Employment Operations (recruiter for this position being email@example.com).
Description of the job :
A vacancy for a Functional Validation Activities Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Toulouse. You will join the Functional Avionics Engineering and Lead department (TESOF2).
Functional Avionics engineering and development encompasses several complementary technical disciplines, spread on different departments, to develop, validate and operate the on-board Software of our satellites :
• On-board Software engineering and development (Software running on on-board computer),
• AOCS engineering and development (Attitude and Orbit Control System),
• Operations engineering and development (using Flight Operations Procedures, FOPs),
• FDIR engineering and implementation (Failure Detection, Isolation and Recovery),
• Database engineering (gathering functional and electrical data in a reference repository),
• Simulators engineering and development, supporting Software, Operations and AIT (Assembly Integration and Test) validation,
• Functional Validation engineering, through both numerical and Hardware-in-the-loop tests.
Functional Avionics Engineering and Lead department is in charge of driving the Functional Avionics development of all satellites under development in Toulouse, for all Airbus Defence & Space markets (Science, Earth Observation, Telecom). It is also directly in charge of Satellite & System Operations engineering, Functional Validation, Database engineering and FDIR engineering.
As Functional Validation Activities Engineer of a given satellite or satellite family (product approach), you will be in charge of participating in the preparation, implementation and execution of functional tests on simulated and real-time test benches.
This position may require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Task & accountabilities :
You will be in charge of the following main activities:
• Establishing the necessary and sufficient configuration to perform the functional validation task,
• Validating the functional chains through end-to-end open-loop tests,
• Validating the nominal and reconfiguration functions of the sub-assembly through closed-loop tests,
• Developing and debugging Automated Test Procedures and scripts, in the dedicated language, working within a specified process and using templates and Functional Validation tools against a test specification. This will include liaising with the various project architects and domain specialists,
• Executing the Automated Test Procedures on the various test benches together with test data analysis and test report compilation. This will include liaising with specialist areas for result data analyses, technical management and Product Assurance,
• Investigating anomalies and producing diagnoses - determining root causes (equipment, environment model, software flight, test bed, data bases, procedures, and test specifications),
• Producing test reports.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.