A Hydro-Mechanical Systems Engineer is required to support a variety of programmes, covering new development programmes, in-service programmes and R&T programmes. You will specialise in the development and certification of hydraulic equipment and systems. You will work to ensure that all requirements are properly defined, validated, verified and flowed down to internal and external suppliers. You will also apply your expertise to develop new actuation technologies and lead in-service investigations/design improvements.
Key aspects of this job include the following:
- Leading the development of hydraulic equipment such as actuators and hydraulic dressings.
- Participating in the architecting and integration of hydraulic systems.
- Liaising with customers to ensure all requirements are properly defined.
- Generation of System Requirements Definitions, Equipment Requirements Definitions, Validation Matrices, Verification Matrices, etc.
- Overseeing development testing and qualification testing programmes.
- Technical management of equipment suppliers, including investigation of test failures.
- Ability and willingness to communicate and work with all disciplines of engineering and external suppliers.
- Disposition of production concessions and sign-off of technical documentation; the business holds EASA Design Organisation Approval and as such you will be required to become an airworthiness signatory for hydraulics.
- The opportunity exists to become part of the businesses hydraulics expert network. This will require technical support to design reviews, primarily in Europe but occasionally in North America, as an independent hydraulics expert, trouble shooting and solving in-service issues relating to European hydraulic equipment suppliers and representing the buisness at conferences and seminars. Therfore some travel may be required.
Candidate skills & requirements:
- An in-depth knowledge of hydraulic systems and equipment design and qualification.
- You will need to have previous experience of hydro-mechanical systems.
- An understanding of design principles.
- Experience in applying ARP4754 and ARP4761 highly desirable.
- You will also have knowledge of the principles of mechanical engineering.
- You will need a sound knowledge of systems engineering theory, together with knowledge of the principles of safety and reliability.
- You also will have the ability to write technical reports clearly and accurately (in English).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.