This leading organisation is actively seeking a number of Support Engineers to join their company working on an initial 6-month contract based in Bristol
You\'ll form part of a multi-disciplinary team providing Through Life Support to Land Systems armoured vehicle platforms via membership of the In-Service Support (ISS) Integrated Delivery Team. Equipment Support Engineers are responsible for carrying out supportability tasks for a range of vehicles, systems and equipment.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Carrying out practical and theoretical suportability assessments on existing and new systems, Sub Assemblies & Components.
- Identification and development of any new or modified Support & Test Equipment (S&TE).
- Writing in-depth engineering appraisals and reports, and writing engineering procedures in a precise and logical manner.
- Providing supportability advice to other engineering and other functional departments.
- Working with other engineering departments to conduct trials and proof fits.
- Working with specialists to conduct Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) processes on existing and new vehicles, Sub Assemblies & Components.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) data validation and Technical Publications verification.
- Liaison with suppliers in order to obtain supportability data - such as for failure predictions & diagnosis, repair, test, calibration and set-up/installation procedures, etc.
- Responsible and accountable for the population of Logistic Support databases where they exist.
- The evaluation of design and supplier data, and the production of support related data and reports.
- Liaison with customer representatives to elicit requirements or provide feedback.
- Working with the Training capability to develop/inform training impact statements/cases.
- Working with our Support Engineers to develop and inform equipment supportability impact statements and cases.
Working with Safety Engineers to ensure that support products Safety risks are As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
- Be self-motivated and be able to work with the minimum of supervision in a team environment to achieve completion of task milestones within defined budgets.
- Have a working knowledge of a business system such as SAP and Product Data Management system such as TeamCentre.
- Be able to exhibit good Health & Safety awareness
- Have an awareness of the security implications for technical material
- A good working knowledge of MS Office preferably including MS Project
- Be able to demonstrate commercial awareness
- Be an exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information by all modes at all levels within the project, function, customer and supplier organisations.
This position is for a global aerospace/ defence organisation has many sites around the UK, employing over 80,000 talented people. With an innovative culture, they produce the most advanced products within the industry which promotes their world renowned reputation. Holding a large market share, this company offers each contractor an opportunity to gain security clearance therefore you must be willing to undergo this procedure. Furthermore, there\'s the possibility of longer hours, repeat work and longer contract durations for gifted candidates.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to Chris Hill via the apply button! Alternatively, if you know anyone who is looking, feel free to get them in touch, referral fees paid!
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn