IPT Lead - Derby
We have a requirement for an IPT Lead based in Derby for a company responsible for specifying the engine build, instrumentation and testing requirements for new gas turbine designs, being run on test beds in Derby and around the world. They manage the efficient and cost-effective certification and demonstration of airworthiness of aero engines from technical analysis, engine tests and flight testing.
The IPT Lead will Project manage the multifunctional team and integrate activities to achieve customer requirements.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Lead one or more Integrated Project Teams (IPT) to define, plan, monitor, control and deliver managed change (including new solutions) to meet all agreed stakeholder requirements.
- Define, agree and integrate the plan for the IPT, taking into account both the scope of the overall project / work package and the activities required to produce a solution to the requirements
- Create and agree schedule for the lifecycle of IPT, manage the project plan (time and budget), and drive adherence to achieve time, cost and quality targets.
- Agree and communicate the scope & specifications for work change.
- Act as the focal point for the IPT and communicate appropriate information to all stakeholders, including team members, sponsors and customers.
- Define the necessary resource to achieve stakeholder requirements, and negotiate with resource managers, in conjunction with Work Package Manager and Sub-System Manager, to balance load and capacity across the IPT.
- Ensure project risks (technical, cost, supply chain and timescale) are identified, managed (including integration of risk activities in project plan), and escalation of risks in accordance with risk management plan.
- Ensure quality of output using internal gate reviews and other appropriate processes.
- Ensure continuity of IPT and leadership, including handover to successors
- Ensure IPT work integrated with all relevant "higher level" plans - including relevant project management plan and risk management plan
Your professional experience and qualifications:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or related discipline or equivalent.
- Computer literate in MS Office applications.
- Previous experience in the aero engine, aerospace or manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Good technical and system understanding of turbomachinery would be advantageous.
- Project management skills are essential.
- Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384446192.