The Service Level Manager (SLM) has responsibility for all aspects of defining and managing service metrics. They are the expert in the creation, analysis, interpretation and presentation of performance against measures, proactively managing adherence to, and ensuring effective reporting of, progress against targets in Service Level Agreements (SLA\'s).
The SLM will monitor operational performance data and drive Service Providers and operational teams to ensure contracted service levels are attained and improved upon. They will continually develop and evolve the contractual SLA\'s, working closely with Service Providers and the client to ensure they reflect business requirements, and produce/present routine management and client facing reports that reflect performance and identify trends and improvement opportunities.
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including Service Leads, Account Leads, Commercial Leads, Operational Capability teams, customers and suppliers.
* Negotiate, agree, design, manage and maintain SLA\'s and associated credit structures as required.
* Negotiate, agree, design, manage and maintain Operational Level Agreements (OLA\'s) or Operational Service Protocols (OSP\'s) as required.
* Pro-actively manage service levels, with the primary focus on prevention of failures and swift corrective actions when necessary.
* Develop and manage Corrective Action Plans with Service Providers as necessary.
* Work with Change Managers to understand the Service Level Management requirements for proposed new services and changes.
* Responsible for Daily Service Review, Weekly Service Review and Monthly Service Review processes, ensuring they are run effectively.
* Accountable for all aspects of Service Provider(s) Performance Management, including problem escalation and SLA management. Tracks escalated performance issues and disputes with Service Providers.
* Drive the Service Provider(s) continual improvement processes, ensuring that the client obtains the anticipated value and benefits from the relationships and associated contracts.
Key Knowledge and Attributes:
* Extensive knowledge of IT outsourcing activities in a managed services environment
* Commercial/finance/governance understanding
* Experience of UK government advantageous
* ITIL and ISO 20000 frameworks
* Knowledge of all aspects of the IT functional and capability areas
* Knowledge of business environment, service requirements and culture
* Experience in creating and managing service level credit structures
* Strong client service orientation
* Technical understanding with ability to translate into business concepts
* ITIL certification