This engineer will work within a team responsible for all aspects of aircraft structural dynamics, from model build and flutter prediction to the computation of ground and flight loads for the whole aircraft and at component level. Responsibilities will be dependent upon experience but will include supporting technical packages of work/tasks and contributing to the development of the technical capability. The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a related discipline (preferably Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mathematics) and must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of fundamental engineering principles. Proven relevant experience in industry/education is desirable; preferably associated with the methods and processes applied in the field of aircraft loads and aeroelastics. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and within teams of engineers.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
The personal qualities of the jobholder will be key to success in this role. The following characteristics and qualities are identified as essential for the role:
* To work efficiently and accurately, with an attention to detail, and the discipline to self-check results
* To work independently when required, and the organisation and drive to follow through to a successful outcome
* The confidence and the willingness to question in order to gain a full understanding of issues. Escalate and communicate issues when necessary
* Good interpersonal skills, including a diplomatic and professional approach when dealing with people
* A willingness to embrace change and an ability to implement new processes
* Good organisational skills, including record keeping
* Be a good and enthusiastic team player
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.