Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
In case you have any further questions, please contact: Employment Operations.
Description of the job :
A new position for a Guidance, Navigation, Attitude Orbit Control Studies Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse.
As the successful candidate, you will join the Attitude Orbit Control (AOCS) and Guidance Navigation Control (GNC) (?TESOA2?) department.
You will be in charge of AOCS / GNC studies for satellite and space projects in development phase. The projects cover all applicative domains: Earth Observation (e.g. Pleiades-Néo, CO3D, export systems), Science missions (e.g. Juice, Biomass, Merlin), or telecommunication satellites (e.g. SES Astra, Arabsat, EurostarNeo, OneSat, OneWeb ...).
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Design of AOCS / GNC estimation and control laws, and all associated on-board algorithms: requirements engineering for AOCS functional chain (mission, environment, spacecraft dynamics characteristics, avionics equipments performances), analysis and trade-offs of control solutions, preliminary performances on functional simulators.
• Definition, specification and implementation of representative modelling of sensors and actuators, covering functional, performances and dynamics aspects, to be used within the Functional Validation Bench FVB (simulator running AOCS flight software in closed-loop).
• Implementation of Modes and Contol Laws (MCL) in Matlab flght software format (using autocoding process) and functional validation of MCL in Matlab FVB simulator
• Specification of on-board algorithms towards software team, functional validation of the FVB simulator.
• Tuning of flight software functional parameters, establishment of detailed functional budgets (pointing, stability, consumption, ...).
• Validation of functional performances, by intensive validation campaigns on FVB simulator. Definition and support to the execution of reference validation cases used during later development stages, avionics test bench and AIT.
• Participation to Launch and Early Operation phases as AOCS specialist, functional expertise support for in-orbit maintenance operations throughout satellites lifetime.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.