Morson International Accountancy and Finance Division. Is assisting our Yeovil (Somerset) based client with their recruitment to the position of Government and Management Accountant.
Your main activities will include:
As Government and Management Accountant you will effectively manage all aspects of government accounting requirements to ensure timely submission of all pricing rates and compliance with government pricing regulations (QMAC) and the DRA 2014. Whilst supporting the manager in the delivery of key aspects of monthly management accounts, forecasts and budgets.
Your main activities will include, but not be limited to:
* Ensure the timely delivery of inventory reports at month end and work with the business to improve reporting and gain improved understanding of inventory levels and drivers.
* Ensure MoD, EC and DoD pricing rates are submitted and approved in accordance with the timetable agreed with the customer.
* Ensure compliance with Government Pricing Regulations and the DRA 2014 by providing advice and support to the business as required.
* Review and manage the calculation and approval of profit formula with the MoD
* Review and manage the timely delivery of Cost certifications, Royalties and Levies.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Qualified accountant (Ideally Chartered)with good post qualification experience
* Good understanding of management accounting
* Good people skills
* Good communicator
* Good understanding of MoD accounting a significant advantage
* Self-starter, structured worker, proactive deliverer.
* Good Excel skills and SAP knowledge an advantage
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
Please note that applications will only be accepted if you are eligible to live and work in the UK. Our client are not a Tier 2 Visa sponsoring Company. This role may also require the successful candidate to hold full UK MoD Security Clearance.