Experience/Skills of the job:
This position requires a combination of direct project management (lifecycle responsibility of all product development for local NPI projects, from the point at which the project is won) and management of the activities of a team of Project Managers.
This position will retain direct project management for an agreed number of projects. The responsibilities for this element of the job are as stated in the Senior Project Manager job description.
- Day-to-day line management of a team of Project Managers
- Responsible for allocation of Project ownership to local NPI Project Management team
- Responsible for ensuring team compliance with company project management procedures, tools and methods
- Continuously improve the development and expertise of the Project Manager team
- Drive and challenge the Project Managers to improve performance of project management on site
- Drives reports to ensure they are capable of resolving issues successfully with more senior management
- Lead the local NPI review meetings and may represent the local PMO at the site LMT.
- As required, support the Director of Programmes with the co-ordination of local and Platform level reporting (for example 4 box report fortnightly, Projects Master Plan etc)
- May still have responsibility for ownership of some projects and therefore the responsibilities of a Senior Project Manager may apply.
Qualifications & specialist training required:
- Has in depth knowledge and experience of Project Management
- Has ability to resolve issues with customers with minimal support
- Solves complex problems with minimal guidance
- Responsible for multiple, complex Projects
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Comfortable with dealing with more senior managers to resolve issues
- Expected to have, or be working towards certification in Project Management
- Will occasionally stand in for more senior managers to hold multi-functional reviews (e.g.
- NPI Review)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.