A Manufacturing Engineer is required to join a leading Aerospace and Defence manufacturing company on Permanent basis that specialises in products primarily for the Aerospace industry. The Manufacturing Engineer will report to the Manufacturing Manager.
The Manufacturing Engineer will responsible for the development and improvement of the manufacturing processes for complex composite components and assemblies, supporting current production as well as the introduction of new products into the manufacturing and supply chain environment.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities of the Manufacturing Engineer
- Provide significant expertise in developing a range of engineering solutions to improve the manufacture of new and existing composite products.
- Develop and maintain documentation for manufacturing processes and designs.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning.
- Transfer new products into production (NPI).
- Be involved with the First Article Inspection (FAI) process.
- Liaise with customers to evaluate requirements and implement engineering solutions.
- Solve problems by analysis using technical experience, judgement and data.
Requirements, Experience and Skills of the Manufacturing Engineer
- Degree in relevant engineering field.
- Or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Relevant experience in a similar field (preferably aerospace or composite materials)
- Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Experience in completing First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs).
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft and statistical tool analysis.
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.
If interested in this Manufacturing Engineer role then