Build a strong technical relationship with a key strategic partner ensuring successful transfer of Intellectual Property which will require travel to partner sites.
The position will focus on the development and delivery of volume production solutions and ensuring site to site process consistency. The successful candidate will also provide engineering support during machine design, commissioning and initial product manufacturing campaigns, review process data to ensure operational consistency and provide support for investigations.
This position offers an impressive and unique opportunity for interested candidates. This position requires people who want to be challenged, have a passion for success, and a constant drive to exceed expectations.
The role will involve working abroad for significant time periods of between 1 to 3 months at a time in Asia.
- OEM: Working with OEM\'s on commercial programmes
- The Business: to ensure technical goals are clear and meet the commercial objectives of the business. Materials, R&D, Test and Verification, commercial leads and customers.
- Working with stakeholders to develop and deliver Technology Transfer plans and successful process scale-up, securing stakeholder-buy-in; building ad-hoc teams to facilitate successful transfer.
- Develop and support delivery of volume manufacturing solutions
- Provide technical support and training of partner manufacturing personnel
- Technical oversight of documentation, reports and confidential information provided to OEM partners.
- Delivery and risk: Working with programme management to ensure technical and delivery risks are effectively managed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Degree qualified (or equivalent experience) in relevant Engineering or Science based discipline with a minimum of 3 years industrial experience.
- Industrial process expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Heat treatment processes
- Screen printing
- Laser processing (drilling or welding)
- Fluid processing and deposition
- Ceramics processing
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work regardless of demanding time constraints.
- Passionate and communicative with a strong sense of task-focus; able to connect the team with the goal.
- Insistent on rigour, understanding and unafraid to challenge the folklore whilst working in a very fast paced environment.
- Superior problem-solving skills addressing multi-part problems with high levels of uncertainty.
- A clear communicator at all levels with the ability to challenge and influence cross-functionality.
- Very strong interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with different kinds of communities with different norms and communication styles.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.