Our Wimborne, Dorset based client are looking for Manufacturing Systems Engineers to be responsible for identifying and introducing alternative and more cost effective technology and processes to reduce cost and lead time. These roles support the ME Department and Sub-System IPTs. This site specialises in Air-to-Air Refuelling, Weapons Carriage and Release System applications
· Helping streamline current internal and external processes to enable production demands to be met more efficiently. Ensures best practices are developed
· Providing expertise/support to the team to minimise performance barriers
· Maintaining a world class capability for the manufacture, assembly and testing of CMS aerospace products
· Providing process advice and input where needed to internal and external customers such as Engineering, Production and Supply Chain
· Establishing supply chain capabilities identifies areas of risk or potential improvement. Assists with new supplier assessments/qualification
· Reviewing current internal processes and apply lean manufacturing techniques/continuous improvement as a means to eliminate waste
· Manufacturing experience including manufacturing processes/systems and techniques
· Knowledge of the aerospace and defence industry
· Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques
· Formal apprenticeship in Engineering or Manufacturing
As a global leader delivering mission-critical technology, our client trusts their employees to draw on ingenuity and passion, leading to an empowering culture. Their Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring. If youre based near or are interested in relocating to beautiful Wimborne, Dorset and are a Manufacturing Systems Engineer, please apply for more details.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.