Working as part of the Mechanical Design Office team, you will fulfil the role of Mechanical Design Engineer, providing input into all phases of the design process. This may include, design specification preparation, survey work, model creation and production of drawings (using CATIA V5) for manufacture and installation and manufacture and installation support. The designs produced shall be of a standard that can be manufactured, installed and, where necessary, certified. You will be working closely with multi-discipline engineering teams. Reporting to the Chief Mechanical Designer for the quality and integrity of work and the Project Management team regarding programme schedule.
- Produce high integrity programme deliverables (concept schemes. detail drawings, assembly drawings, parts list etc)
- Ensure design work undertaken is conducted and executed in accordance with the company\'s procedures, design standard practices and in compliance with industry standards.
- Interact with internal departments to ensure effective and efficient specification and development of drawings & design specifications
- Actively contribute in problem solving activities throughout the design, manufacturing, qualification and \'in service\' phases of the programme
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to resolve product design issues
- Satisfy project and specification requirements while maximising the application of standard concepts and keeping the design for manufacture and installation as a critical aspect in mind
- Plan, forecast and release of detailed documentation for reviews to meet or exceed programme schedule
- To undertake any other duties and responsibility as may be required by the Line Manager
Prferred Knowledge, Qualification and Experience:
- Aerospace/Aviation Industry - Working knowledge of airframe and mechanical structures and mechanical aspects of electrical/avionic equipment installations.
- Ability to utilise CATIA V5 solid modelling and surfacing techniques to produce detail part and assembly designs and the production of the associated manufacturing drawings.
- Mechanism design an advantage.
- Working knowledge/understanding of manufacturing processes (sheet metal & machining) and design for manufacture and assembly.
- Working knowledge/understanding of application of Geometric Dimension & Tolerance Techniques (BS8888).
- Ability to evaluate the mechanical behaviour of designs.
- Ability to develop design solutions.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.