Our Wimborne, Dorset based client is a leading aerospace global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean. They are looking for a Mechanical Engineer in Structures. to work as part of the Structures & Sub-Systems Integration Engineering team. You will provide technical direction and decision making in support of project delivery and manage internal and external resources to successfully deliver allocated projects, through requirements definition, analysis, design, development and qualification. Further, you will ensure project compliance with internal processes, regulatory and legislative requirements.
· Define and lead analyses in support of product design
· Lead integration design to achieve optimal balance between design requirements such as performance, mass, centre of gravity, safety, maintainability and cost
· Manage requirements verification throughout project execution to successfully demonstrate compliance for a DDP
· Manage external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives. This will include UK and overseas visits
· Manage concessions ensuring delivery of technically sound product and working with other CMS departments to ensure product improvement is assured
· Understanding of mechanical drawings and structural build is essential
· Experience in mechanics and product design
· Knowledge of metallic & composite materials & structures key
· Understanding of composite materials and processes desirable
· Understanding of design and/or stress methodologies desirable but not essential
As a global leader delivering mission-critical technology, our client trusts their employees to draw on ingenuity and passion, leading to an empowering culture. Their Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring. If youre based near or are interested in relocating to in Wimborne, Dorset and are interested in this Structures Mechanical Engineer role, please apply for more details.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.