Outline Job Profile
An experienced mechanical systems engineer is required to undertake the mechanical /thermal systems engineering tasks on communications payloads, encompassing mechanical configuration, structural design and analysis, specification and definition of hardware, support to payload integration, test and validation and liaison with customer representatives.
Suitable candidates will have:
* A methodical approach to work, with sufficient commitment and drive complete tasks, even where adverse conditions are encountered
* Strong analytical skills
* Experience of working directly with customers and with the ability to present ideas and concepts to the customer with authority.
* Ability to efficiently organise and co-ordinate their work.
* Ability to generate innovative solutions and to communicate them.
* A willingness to travel overseas
* Experience of/familiarity with PDM and MRP/ERP systems
* Team player, well organised, communicative and determined, with the ability to work on their own initiative
Specific tasks in the mechanical engineering domain are likely to include :
* Participation in communication payload proposals/studies
* Communications system/payload requirements analysis
* Support trade-offs of payload architectures and interfaces
* Present design solutions to peers and manager.
* Influence and justify design as appropriate Communications payload mechanical system configuration
* Analysis and structural design/verification of payload hardware sub systems or assemblies
* Support to equipment specification development
* Design review of payload equipment designs and interfaces
* Support to validation and test strategy development and specification
* Support to payload integration/test Liaison with customer representatives and participation in design reviews and meetings.
* Endorse all aspects of payload mechanical and thermal design.
Qualifications and/or Skills
Essential: Engineering / Mechanical Engineering degree
Essential: A proven track record extensive experience of post graduate engineering experience in mechanical engineering within the aerospace, defence or avionics industries. Experience in a systems environment.
Desirable: . Experience in spacecraft or payload mechanical/thermal systems engineering. Experience in Telecom Payload AIT activities (mechanical aspects) .Experience in Either mechanical or thermal analysis