At the Plymouth location we design and manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace and defence markets. Our world leading products include the innovative MEMS based IMUs and the digital terrain reference navigation system, TERPROM®.
A vacancy has arisen for a Mechanical Engineer. In this role, primary responsibilities will include:
- Producing detailed designs and drawings for Product, Manufacturing and precision calibration tooling.
- Carrying out mechanical analyses -- Tolerance, Structural, Thermal and Dynamic as part of the design process using hand calculations and Finite element Analysis simulation tools.
- Supporting Environmental Engineering with development testing. This will involve carrying out detailed Vibration, Shock and Climatic testing with responsibility for running the equipment that delivers that test.
- Support to the General Environmental Engineering team when required.
- Supporting Engineering studies and Failure investigations
- Supporting Key business areas such as Process Engineering and Business Development.
- Supporting the Mechanical Engineering team in the development of its capabilities and processes.
- Supporting Materials Engineering function with, for example, materials selection, investigations and EH&S legislation e.g. REACH and COSHH.
- The successful candidate will have experience of working within a fast paced and agile team with a range of skills, capable of readily working across a broad Engineering spectrum from Product Design and Analysis, Materials Engineering and Testing to Environmental Engineering through to production.
- A good understanding of materials, manufacturing processes and rapid prototyping techniques is important to this role as is knowledge of robust design for High Volume manufacture.
- The role will involve working individually as well as in a team so excellent organisational skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the within organisation is important.
- You will be Enthusiastic and be able to provide a Mechanical Engineering lead role to the project teams.
- Capability in 3D CAD Parametric modelling & Finite Element simulation is important to this role: Siemens NX Cad and simulations tools and Team Center would be an advantage.
- Any applicant should also have a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools: Excel, Power point and Word.
- To fit with the company primary product line of MEMS based inertial measurements systems the candidate will ideally have experience in electronics packaging of sensors for harsh operating environments and be able to development innovative solutions for complex packaging problems.
- They will also be educated to degree level and either chartered or working towards chartered status.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.