The main purpose of this role is to provide an electrical & mechanical metrology calibration, validation, inspection and testing service within the business.
- Calibration of test and measuring equipment, selecting the appropriate test standards considering accuracies required. Calibration of equipment across all ranges and functions and including the calibration of pressure indicating instruments and testing and verification of crimping tools. Tasks conducted within the laboratory and across site.
- To compile test programs and verification schedules and procedures for test and measuring equipment.
- To support the offload of test & measuring equipment to suppliers for calibration, including dispatching & receipting.
- To review and assess the Technical specifications of avionics, electronic, electrical and mechanical test equipment to assist with supplier calibration.
- Carrying out the BER & NCS processes for Mechanical & Electrical test & measuring equipment returning from supplier calibration.
- To ensure equipment received for calibration is subjected to Portable Appliance Tests to meet the required statutory obligations.
- Educated to HNC or equivalent in electrical engineering and ideally hold a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- Proven experience in aircraft electrical / electronic systems.
- To have knowledge of computer data systems, word processing and keyboard skills.
- Experience and knowledge of a calibration / inspection environment in Avionic and Electrical disciplines.
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own and also as part of an integrated team.
- A high level of interpersonal skills to enable good communication with internal and external customers at all levels.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.