NAVBLUE is the new generation of digital, user-friendly Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management solutions. Powered by Airbus' pioneer spirit and infused with Navtech's agility, it combines the best of both worlds. A leading global provider of flight operations solutions serving more than 400 airlines and aviation service companies across all platforms, NAVBLUE has a proven track record in product innovation. With access to Airbus' resources and data, NAVBLUE provides its customers with the best solutions based on the best data, fully supporting them in their digital transformation.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus and is based in Hersham (UK), Toulouse (France) and Waterloo, ON (Canada), with offices around the world.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your e-Recruiting profile with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application, you are consenting to Airbus and/or NAVBLUE using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus and/or NAVBLUE.
Description of the job :
NAVBLUE Inc., an Airbus Company, is excited to announce the opening of a Software Development Project Manager position (M/F).
This role is responsible for leading the development and enhancement of software applications and systems and will provide direction and oversight for development groups comprised of both in-house and outsource activities. The Software Development Project Manager has overall responsibility for delivery of development projects and will provide leadership in software development methodology to drive advancements to our products on schedule, on budget and with a high degree of quality.
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and activities will include:
Drive software projects with assigned Development group, including Software Team Leads, Technical Leads and Solutions Architects
• Establish/coordinate programs of work
• Oversee technical design, development and implementation of solutions
• Ensure consistent technical architecture across the assigned product suite
• Support organization's mission and strategies by developing and driving technology change strategies, architectures and policies
• Ensure ?complete? development of the product - preparation for hand-off to down-stream activities: ready for QA, Build, Installs, etc. including complete documentation
• Assist in post-implementation continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality
• Responsible for managing outsource relationships and developing strategy for how to manage sub-contract resources to meet product roadmap or customer needs, etc.
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of how architectural choices impact internal/external customers and other processes/functions within the organization
• Represent technology perspective at the management or Board level
• Overall team headcount - ensuring that the teams are appropriately resourced to deliver required objectives in a cost-effective and budget-conscious manner
Fostering a positive, productive supportive, collaborative and energetic team
environment with a customer-centric focus on delivering solutions.
• Support the development of annual budgets for development to support the business'
• Liaise closely with all stakeholders to ensure alignment with broader organizational
• Coaching, mentorship and development of Team/Technical leads, and the same within
your group without direct authority
• May be involved in interviews support hiring decisions.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.